Bob Burns Annual Dakota Bowl
September 2nd, 2017, Howard Wood Field O’Gorman Knights vs Harrisburg Tigers
Bob Burns dreamed up the idea of opening the 1978 football season with a festive day-long event centered around one thing – a football game against North Dakota’s Fargo Shanley. The event, he hoped, would provide family entertainment while drawing in enough corporate support to fund the entire O’Gorman Athletic department for a year. It was to be held at Howard Wood Field to accommodate the almost certain huge crowd. Thirty eight years later, the Bob Burns Dakota Bowl is the largest high school bowl game in South Dakota, raising more than $140,000 annually for all of Sioux Falls Catholic Schools! It brings together the Sioux Falls Community to showcase our talented high school athletes and to celebrate football. Families enjoy all day tailgates, football and cheerleading camps for kids, fireworks, airplane flyovers, and even skydivers onto the field. Gather your family and friends for a fantastic day of fun and football at Dakota Bowl!
HERE ARE THE DETAILS!
9:00 am Football and Cheer Camps at Howard Wood Field (check in begins at 8:30).
• 3:00 pm Mass with Fr. Shaun Haggerty at the OGHS Performing Arts Center.
• 4:00 pm Tailgating begins – featuring Beef ‘O’ Bradys, Big Rig BBQ and Pizza Ranch ($5 per ticket) at Howard Wood in Parking Lot E.
• 4-5:30 pm LIVE MUSIC By Moonlight Melodies with DJ Jim Greene in Parking Lot E.
• 6:00 pm Pre-game festivities.
• 7:00 pm KICK OFF! OG Knights vs. Harrisburg Tigers
• HALF-TIME The OGHS Marching Band, Fireworks and Knight Vision Video!